Click to Enroll
An eight week long extensive workshop, meeting twice per week (Sundays and Wednesdays).
Each student should come with a script or script idea for a short fiction film. Students will write the script under guidance during the course. Those with a ready script will work on improving it by applying what they learn.
- Classic Screenplay Structure
- Character Arcs
- Dialogue – the cinematic language
- Dramaturgy - Cinematic Syntax
- Theme & subtext
- Conflict – plots and subplots
- Pace, Style, and Tone
- Personal style and voice
Students will learn to:
- Understand plot and narrative structure
- Analyze the key components of classical dramatic narrative
- Develop dramatic situations and scenes
- Write engaging and entertaining dialogue between well-realized characters
- Find their personal style and voice
- Writing loglines, short synopses, and treatments
- Learning how to pitch a story
- Learn how to be effective writers
- Learn the art of dialogue and communication
- Learn the art of presentation
Sundays & Wednesdays 20:00 - 21:30
English: Mondays & Thursdays
20:00 - 21:30
Each student will also recieve one additional private one-on-one session with Jano.
Regular deadline: $300.00
Payable on the first day of attendance.
Contact Information for Peace Film Initiative
400 N. Hollywood Way Ste. 207, Burbank, CA 91505 USA
2020 Befrin City, Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq